REV LIMIT SETUP
REV LIMIT SETUP Parameters
This is the main rev limiter and works in steps to reduce the impact of a hard cut rev limiter. It
does this by first cutting 1 injector at 150rpm below the limit, then 2 injectors at 100rpm below
the limit, 3 injectors at 50rpm below the limit, and finally all injectors at the limit. The
injectors are cut cyclically so that the cut injectors are rotated around amoung all cylinders.
- MAIN REV LIMIT - Maximum rev limit.
- CYCLIC CUT CYCLES - This is the number of 720 degree (2 rotation) cycles between
rotating the cyclic injector cut pattern.
- Rev Limit Spark Cut - If set, the corresponding spark plugs are also cut. This is
also applied when an OVER BOOST limit is reached.
LAUNCH CONTROL SETUP
Launch control works by setting a launch rev limit that is active up to LAUNCH MAX SPEED
vehicle speed. Once that vehicle speed is reached, the MAIN REV LIMIT (above) is used, and the
vehile speed must drop below LAUNCH MAX SPEED minus LAUNCH SPEED RESUME in order to
reactive the launch rev limit. This rev limit is implemented just like the MAIN REV LIMIT above.
NOTE: The transmission MUST be in gear to activate the launch rev limiter!
- LAUNCH RPM - Initial launch rev limit setting. The launch rev limit is stored in ECU
memory that is maintained as long as the ECU is plugged in and the battery is connected. If the ECU
looses power, the launch rev limit is reset to this value.
- LAUNCH MAX SPEED - Maximum vehicle speed for launch rev limit.
- LAUNCH SPEED RESUME - Vehicle speed hysteresis.
- LC Spark Cut - If set, the corresponding spark plugs are also cut when on the launch
- Enable Set Launch - Enables the "Set Launch" feature where the launch rev limit can be set
using the throttle and gear shift. To activate "Set Launch", the transmission MUST be in gear BEFORE
turning on the ignition. The tach will then display the current launch rev limit RPM. Move the throttle
to set the tach to the desired launch rev limit RPM, and shift transmission to neutral. This sets
the new launch rev limit. If the throttle is not moved with in 5 seconds, "Set Launch" is canceled
and the tach will drop back to zero. Cranking the engine will also cancel "Set Launch" mode.
Once you have the desired launch rev limit dialed in, update the LAUNCH RPM above so that the
launch rev limit will be reset to that value if the ECU looses power.
- SET LAUNCH TACH DUTY - The "Set Launch" feature uses the ignition signal to operate the
tach while the engine is not running, so this value should be set to the absolute lowest value possible,
and still operate the tach. If your tach does not operate when "Set Launch" is enabled and activated,
increase this value one step at a time until the tach operates.
ANTI LAG SETUP
If enabled and activated, anti-lag applies fuel enrichment and ignition timing retard
while on the launch rev limiter.